Duties and Responsibilities of Assistant Housekeeper
The assistant housekeeper usually reports to the executive housekeeper. In hotels where an additional senior position of deputy housekeeper exists, the assistant housekeepers may report to the deputy housekeeper. Generally hotels employ one assistant housekeeper per 50-60 rooms. There may be just one assistant housekeeper under the executive housekeeper in a medium-sized hotel or one for each shift in a large hotel. In large hotels, the responsibilities for the floors, public areas, linen room and control room are divided among assistant housekeepers. Essentially, the assistant housekeeper manages the resources provided by the executive housekeeper to achieve the objectives of cleanliness, maintenance and attractiveness during a given shift. His/her responsibility involves the daily supervision of specific areas within the hotel. In the absence of the deputy housekeeper, all the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities are taken over by the assistant housekeeper.
Duties and responsibilities :
· Be responsible for the efficient and orderly management of cleaning, servicing and repairing of guestrooms.
· Be responsible for the hotel linen and check its movements and its distribution to room attendants.
· Keep an inventory of all housekeeping supplies and check it regularly.
· Assist the room attendants in their work.
· Provide the front office with a list of rooms ready for allotment to guests.
· Organize the flower arrangements.
· Arrange the training of staff and substitute for the executive housekeeper in case of his/her absence.
· Update record books, registers and files.
· Compile the maids’ roster.
· Check the VIP and OOO ( Out-of-order ) rooms.